Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Glitter Cake

Today I have a quick and fun birthday card.

Everything today is from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted. I colored all of my stamps with markers to get multiple colors on the same stamp. No ink pads today. I used 4 different stamps from the On a Pedestal stamp set. After stamping the image, I cut the image out and inked the whole image with Versamark ink. Next, I sprinkled Heat and Stick Powder all over the image. I then heated the image and sprinkled glitter on. I adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Here's a close up of the image:

The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. It just seemed to be made to go with this stamp set. My colors today are Soft Sued, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, and Sahara Sand. This color combo seems bright and soft at the same time. I really love it. I also used the Scallop Edge Punch to create the scalloped border. I used a small hole punch and rhinestones from Kaisercraft to create the sprinkles behind the cake. Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!

No comments: