Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Christmas in September?

Okay, it has been a lot colder than it should be before Labor Day, but Chirstmas? Absolutly! The crafty people over Paper Crafts are celebrating the release of their Holiday Cards issue by hosting 5 Christmas challenges on the blog Moxie Fab World. I've decided to play along, and you should too! You have until Labor Day to finish and submit your project(s). All 5 challenges were posted last week, so you can pick and choose, or do all 5. My goal is to do at least 3, so you should see a few more Christmas posts here soon (I say while crossing my fingers). It's all about stepping outside your comfort zone and stretching your style a bit. My project today is for the "Clean and Graphic Challenge." What do you think:


Here's one more pic so you can see some of the layering:


How did I do with my first challenge? The buttons (by Stampin' Up!) are actually attached on top of the glass. "JOY" and the fun background pattern were both cut on my Silhouette SD. I decided to give JOY a different texture by cutting it from wall vinyl instead of paper. The background pattern was cut from Cosmo Cricket paper, then another piece of Cosmo Cricket Paper was layered underneath. Both papers are from the Dutch Girl Line. My frame (including the nice mat) came from Menards of all places (for those of you not from the Midwest, Menards is like Home Depot), and was a steal at only $4! My husband thinks I have a frame addiction, because I buy frames every time I see a good deal, then I stash them away for future use. Unfortunately, I can't tell you where the ribbon was from. It was a scrap I found at the bottom of my "ribbon scraps" jar, and I'm not really sure where it came from.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a joyful day and are inspired to stretch your style (and check out Moxie Fab World)!