Sunday, September 6, 2009

Is This My Challenge or What?

I have not tried to hide the fact that stamping and card making are my "first loves" when it comes to crafting. So, the "Stretch Your Style: Stamping" challenge over at Moxie Fab World, doesn't seem like much of a stretch. I thought to stretch myself a bit, instead of stamping a card I'd stamp a cute little coaster set and matching gift tag.



It's a 4 coaster set:


And a close up of the gift tag:

The coasters are made from unfinished stone tiles (you can find these at any hardware/home improvement type store). You stamp with Stazon (here I used stamps from Stampin' Up!'s Big on Christmas set) directly on the tile, and then color in using Sharpie markers. If you uses Stazon and Sharpies, there is no need to seal or set the tiles, the color will stay on its own. I also like to use small self-adhesive furniture pads (1 on each corner) on the back of the tile to create a backing that won't scratch your table.
The gift tag was made by stamping "Merry Christmas" (from Stampin' Up!'s Teeny Tiny Wishes) in Versamark ink and applying gold embossing powder. I just hand drew the Christmas tree, and then cut it out. I also used pop up dots to raise the tree off of the paper a bit. So, that's my fun and fast "Stretch Your Style: Stamping" submission.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

These are super cute and a great idea. I think I'm making one of these sets for me :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Samantha! Thanks for entering the challenge!