Saturday, August 29, 2009

A new post...finally!

I have to say, I hate bumping that beautiful bouquet down from the top post. It was just so fun! Quickutz thought so too. They picked it up for publication on their website! Today's post is a bit of fun as well. I played along with the Hero Arts blog challenge this week. If you haven't played along before, check it out. There are some really talented ladies, and the prizes are great! Little different color combo here, but I think it works nicely. I love using gray as a neutral instead of black or brown. Somehow it changes the whole feel. I should also note that the owl stamp is a single owl on a branch. I colored the owl with a marker, leaving out the leaves, then stamped. I repeated the process 4 times. I only inked the leaves on the 1st and last owl. I'll post the recipe below the picture. Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts CL 155 (owl stamp)
Stampin' Up! That's Funny (sentiment)

Paper: Stampin' Up! Going Gray, Ballet Blue, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White

Ink: Stampin' Up! Basic Gray Marker and Ballet Blue Marker

Markers: Copic Markers and Blender Pen

Accessories: Sizzix Stampin' Up! backrounds #1 texturz plate
Stampin Up! Apricot buttons

No comments: