Thursday, September 17, 2009

A little bit personal

I was challenged to do a project that said something about me. So, I decided to do a layout that told about my favorite things. I had a really clear idea of what I wanted and where I wanted to go with this layout, but putting it all together in a way that I liked seemed especially hard. Maybe it was because this layout was so personal, or maybe it was because I not only wanted to list some of my favorite things, but I wanted to use some of my favorite craft techniques too. For example, I love hand stitching, so I stitched the cross. I like using themed papers in an out of the box sort of way, so I used Imaginice's Teacher's Pet line. Of course, I had to do some stamping too, so the cupcake and tree are stamped. I wanted this layout to feel personal, so instead of using stickers or die cut letters, I hand wrote all of the text. So here are 10 of my favorite things (in no particular order).

Here's a closer look:

A few notes about some of the products used here. All of the white writing was done with an Inkssentials White Opaque Pen. I just picked this pen up and it is by far the best white gel pen I have ever used. It doesn't clog or glob up. It's really great. I used Tombow's mono ink glue pen to glue on all of the little red dots around the edge of the page. I like that it's a mono ink pen (as opposed to a 2-way glue pen), so you don't need to rush to get the paper on. The best part about this pen is it doesn't stick to your hands. I was a bit sceptical about this claim, but it really doesn't stick to your hands. It's great for little details like these dots or small die cut letters.

I hope this post gets you thinking about doing your own personal layout. What are your favorite things?

1 comment:

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

How fun! I need to do something like this. I'm always preoccupied with getting pages done about other family members.