Monday, September 7, 2009

A Final Noel

Well, here it is on the last day, my 5th and final entry for Moxie Fab World's "Stretch Your Style" challenge. Today's style is Fun and Cute. I've been planning this as my last project all week, so it's great to finally have it done.

This was a lot of fun, and not so hard to do. I found my local scrapbook store owner unpacking the great new Mistletoe Line from Making Memories on Friday. I snatched up the paper immediately for use on this project. All of the letters and images (star, Holy Family, Christmas ornament, etc.) were cut on Quickutz vinyl using my Silhouette. In the middle of the star is an American Craft's rhinestone brad. You can't see it in the picture but the Christmas ornament has some sparkly detailing. I used Stickles for that. Finally green ribbon is from American Crafts and my red ribbon is from Stampin' Up! Thanks for having a little early Christmas fun with me this week!
***I forgot to mention that these are on wooden blocks. I know you can pick these up at a lot of scrapbook and craft stores. I cheated (or maybe I was recycling). I had some blocks that spelled "BELIEVE" that I no longer liked. I papered over the BELIEVE to change the blocks into something I wanted to use again. The best part was that they were already painted a nice deep red!

2 comments:

Amanda Corbet said...

Very nice. I love all the different patterns and textures you used. These are on wooden blocks right? I've been wanting to do something similar for some time now. Maybe I will give it a go this year. Well done!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Thanks for entering the Fun & Cute Challenge, Samantha!