Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sunshine

I'm slowly making my way through my favorite photos from this summer. About a week ago Liz Qualman posted a layout on Little Yellow Bicycle's blog with an accompanying sketch. I am always inspired by Liz's sketches, so I broke out some of LYB's Elizabeth Park (I know, this layout is not nearly as bright an flowery as you remember Elizabeth Park to be, but I promise it's all from Elizabeth Park) and created with the sketch and some summer photos.

There's a lot of texture going on in this layout. I doesn't photograph so easily, but comes across nicely in person. The grey and white border is canvas, the yellow strip is tissue, "My Sweet Life" is embossed...you get the idea.
Sometimes I have a hard time journaling on layouts like these. I want to tell the story behind the photo, but at the same time I look at those faces and just think, "I am so blessed." I really like LYB's Fresh Verse sticker packs for times like that. I can strategically place them all over my layout as embellishments, but they also speak to my feelings too.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: