Monday, September 19, 2011

Little Yellow Bicycle's Head of the Class

So a little while back I was a runner up for a guest design spot at Little Yellow Bicycle. While I didn't get the spot, they generously sent me lots of LYB goodies to play around with anyways. The very talented Lowri McNabb was awarded the guest spot, and if you haven't already you should head over to LYB's blog to check out her amazing projects. She has quite the knack for altered art. I've been having a blast digging into my fabulous box full of Head of the Class and Get Your Game On. Since Head of the Class is shipping now, I figured I'd start by sharing a few layouts from that line.


My son's pre-school class held 2 very special events at the end of last school year. One of those days was Doughnuts for Dads. Every child has a Dad (or Grandpa, or special male role-model) come to school to hear a song put on by the kids, do an art project, and eat some doughnuts.

I love adding interest to my layouts by adding different textures. LYB makes that really easy by offering chipboard accents, canvas pieces, and Clear Cut shapes (these have a bit of glitter in them, too!). Each of those stars is a different material.

Those of you who visit my blog regularly know that my goal is always to draw attention to the photo(s). I thought these LYB stick pins were a great way to draw the eye immediately to the photo. If you're wondering how I have them adhered to the layout, I have 2 words for you: Glue Dots®.

The counterpart to Doughnuts for Dads is Muffins for Moms. While my son was super excited to have me there, I think he was just a bit more excited about Doughnuts for Dads (they just have a special bond). I really appreciated that the teachers took the time to take a photo of that special day and send it home for me!

I had to give you a close up shot of these Clear Cut Shapes. The glitter in them is so cool!

The Circle Dimensional Pop-Up stickers gave me the idea to notch circles out of photo...I think it turned out pretty well (but I might be a little biased).

Thanks for stopping by today! You might be seeing a lot of LYB over the next few weeks, as I have lots of ideas bouncing around in my head and LOTS of fabulous papers and embellishments to work with. If you haven't entered my I'm Sorry giveaway yet, there's still time. Click here to check it out.

Supplies:
Doughnuts for Dads -
Paper: LYB Head of the Class (Penmanship, Chalkboard Scribbles, Red Numbers, Dot to Dot)
Accessories: LYB Head of the Class (Sticker Alphabet, Stick Pins, Journaling Cards, Clear Cuts Shapes, Fabric Favorites, Fresh Verse, Chipboard Shapes)

Muffins for Moms-
Paper: LYB Head of the Class (Back to School, Principal Gray, Bus Stop, Practice Your ABC's)
Accessories: LYB Head of the Class (Journaling Cards, Dimensional Pop-Up Stickers), Prima Alphabet StickersLinkTools: Tonic Edge Distresser, Fiskar's Circle Punches

1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

Super cute! And I'm very impressed that LYB would give goodies to not just GDT members but hopefuls as well! That's fabulous.