Tuesday, September 6, 2011

SPARKS Challenge Take 2



No you're not seeing double, this is my second attempt at Paper Smooches August SPARKS challenge. I knew right away when I saw the inspiration that I wanted to try my hand at making my own faux wood panel background.

Little did I know that would be the easy part. After I got the panel made, I wasn't exactly sure how to turn it into a card. I played around a bit and this is what I came up with:



I created the "wood" background by covering 1" strips of paper in masking tape that had been crinkled a bit. Then, I stacked the strips next to each other and sponged on 2 different colors of Tim Holtz Distress Ink (both inks were different shades of brown). I panted on Tim Holtz Glossy Accents over the top of the ink to blend and seal it. The next step is to let it dry for a long time (preferably over night). Finally, if you want to stamp on the wood you'll need to use a very permanent ink. I used brown Staz-on to stamp "you are totally sweet".

Supplies
Paper: Crate Paper Farmhouse (Sunday Dinner)
Stamps: Paper Smooches Friendly Flowers, Paper Smooches Fruitastic
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Brown Staz-on
Accessories: May Arts lace, Crate Paper Farmhouse Buttons, Copic Markers, Glossy Accents

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Monica Benavidez said...

That is seriously gorgeous! I'm new to your blog, and I found you because we're both on the Glue Dots Dottess Design team! YAY! I wanted to introduce myself and say congrats. :-)

-Monica the Dottess