Friday, September 9, 2011

An All Around Good Day

Today started out okay, but then got really great when my UPS man brought a box from Northridge Publishing which included this:

I'm a little giddy because now I officially own a copy of the first magazine I've ever been published in! On top of that, it's a really great Idea Book (if you want your own copy you can find it for sale here). It's already inspiring me to create some more minis.

If you just happen to be visiting my blog looking for all of the pages in the mini-album found in the idea book, here the are:


This album was born out of my need to fit waaaay too many photos into an album that's supposed to be "mini". I decided to find creative ways to add lots of extra photos. The album itself is built out of envelopes, so there are pockets throughout the album.


If you pull on the last train car on the left hand page, it comes out to reveal a hidden photo concealed in the envelope pocket. The photo on the right hinges on a brad to reveal another photo underneath.

There are 3 more photos hidden in the pocket on the left hand side. Just grab the button tabs and pull out.

Instead of hiding a photo in the pocket on this one, I hid the journaling, attached to some ribbon to make it easy to pull out. The photos on the right side are stacked on top of each other and use a brad for movement.

No pull outs on this one.

Or this one...just lots of fun chunky embellishments.


I used the Fiskars Upper Crest border punch to create tabs to pull photos out of the pocket on the left side of this page.


I fit an entire 5 page mini- mini album inside the pocket on this album. They're simple 4" x 4" photos, backed with patterned paper, and held together by a jumbo eyelet and twine.


I even made full use of the back cover of the album...don't be afraid to let your bits and pieces stick out past the edge of the page. It gives your book character!

Supplies
Paper: Echo Park Little Boy (rock star, journaling cards, sailboat, rad plaid, road map, in the clouds, buttons, cool stripe, vroom)
Accessories: Echo Park Little Boy Element Stickers, Echo Park Little Boy Alpha Stickers, Twine, Basic Grey Brads, Fancy Pants It’s Your Day Buttons, Doodlebug Boutique Buttons, Ribbon By the Yard, Pebbles Inc Candy Dots (yellow, navy blue),
Tools: Fiskars Upper Crest Punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Extra Bits: Envelopes

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome "mini" album!!! Congrats on the publication- so happy for you!

Laurel said...

Love it, congrats on the pub! I am happy to be a Dottess with you!

OhioDanielle said...

This is adorable! So bright and colorful! Congrats on another year of being a Dottess!

thescrapmaster said...

Hi Samantha!! (It is kinda funny, my middle name is Taylor!) I am the other Samantha that made the Glue Dots team. Congrats on being published and congrats on making the Glue Dots team! I just got published for the first time in print this past month too :O) I love your mini book. I am really excited to be working with you.
Hugs,
Samantha Peyton
www.thescrapmaster.com

PaperVine said...

Hi Samantha - this mini album is wonderful. I am looking forward to browsing your blog and thank-you so much for your kind comment on the LYB blog.
Lowri :-)
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/