Thursday, October 21, 2010

Truly a Challenge

My Mind's Eye is having another great sketch challenge, but for the first time since I found MME's challenges, I almost didn't play along. For the 1st time the sketch and challenge (to use black) really felt like a challenge. In fact, the layout I finally ended up with is version #2. The first version had a totally different picture, large circles that were covered in offset scallops, and was as my husband so nicely put "interesting." So, I scrapped that layout and headed back to the drawing board. I picked a new photo (which I should have thought of in the 1st place because the colors are perfect) and started from scratch. I tell you all of this not so you'll feel sorry for me, but so you know, sometimes we all get stuck.
Here's the sketch:

Here's my take:

I know I'm not going to be winning any awards for this layout, but I am happy to have something to show for all my time. I am also happy to have this photo scrapped. That baby in the ultrasound is now 4 years old, and he truly is wonderful (well...at least most days :-) Oh, and in case you have a 4-D ultrasound photo that needs scrapping, and you're thinking, wow those colors are perfect for that, the paper is all from My Mind's Eye's Andrea Victoria Collection.

1 comment:

Kelly Sas said...

All I can say is this brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat.