Friday, October 15, 2010

More Flowers!

It seems I am on a bit of a paper flower kick lately. My mother-in-law has spent this week in the hospital. She's also a new paper crafter (I converted her a little under a year ago). I wanted to do a little something for her, so I decided to make a paper bouquet to brighten her room.
The papers are My Mind's Eye's Ohh La La. There are 2 different types of flowers. Both were cut with my Silhouette and have copper wire stems. Since my mother-in-law really enjoys stamping (and is currently trying to build up her stamp collection) I filled the vase with pretty wood mounted stamps instead of filling the vase with rocks or paper. I really love the look of it.
I layered 2 different ribbons on top of each other and then wrapped them around the neck of the vase to give a little extra color pop. I have been looking for the perfect ribbon adhesive FOREVER, and I've finally found it! I have now used Glue Dots® Continuous Glue Line to adhere ribbon to ribbon, ribbon to glass, ribbon to paper, and ribbon to wood. They all stuck like...well, glue!

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

No comments: