Wednesday, October 6, 2010

4 Years

I think I've been feeling a bit sentimental lately. I can believe how quickly my kids are growing up, and I want to capture all of it. When it comes to journaling on layouts, I'm not the best. However, this recent sentimentality has led me to write quite a bit more on my layouts. Here's one I just finished about my oldest. I seriously can't believe he's 4 already!
For whatever reason, this layout went together really easily for me. I love mixing and matching patterned papers. The paper here is all from My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup Boy except for the background "notebook" sheet of paper, which is Basic Grey.I used a mix of embellishments. The word stickers (smile, dimples, lovable) are Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type. The 4 yrs stickers are Bella Blvd One Fall Day. The tag that the 4 yrs is on is from Chatterbox. The blue circle is a washer that I covered in MME paper and stuck a MME Lush Brad through. That top left circle is a piece of cork. I, of course, couldn't call this layout complete with out a bit of hand stitching.Finally, those little pearls above the journaling are I-Rock pearls. If you don't have an I-Rock yet, all I have to say is, what are you waiting for? This is the coolest little tool! I've had mine for a week, and I already don't know what I did without it.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: