Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday's Terrific Technique: Paper Bouquet

It is raining and just plain icky out today, but I had a sunny surprise when a beautiful bouquet of flowers showed up at my front door. My wonderful husband sent them just because. Inspired by his flowers, I thought I'd give you a break from embossing tutorials to show you how to make this pretty paper bouquet:
You will need:
Scallop Circle Punch or Die
Scissors
Double Sided Patterned Paper (here I used paper from Daisy Bucket Designs)
Floral Wire
Adhesive

First, punch out or use a cutting machine to cut/punch a scalloped circle.
The circles I used for this bouquet are 1 3/4"

Next, you will cut out 2 of the scallops from the circle as pictured above. You may discard the cut out piece. You will only need the circle.

Put adhesive on the 2 outermost scallops and adhere by overlapping the 2 outermost scallops on the opposite side of the gap. You should now have a cone shaped flower.

Bend the petals out slightly.

Take floral wire and curl the end into a small spiral shape (this will be the center of your flower).

Thread the floral wire though the tip of the flower.

Repeat the steps to create additional flowers, until your bouquet is the desired size. I have 2 dozen flowers in my bouquet. You can cut the floral wire to varying lengths to add more depth to your bouquet.
Here are a few more pictures of the finished product.

1 comment:

Janine Rachau said...

Oh, how fun! I LOVE their dimension!