Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fun Weekend

I had a busy, but very fun weekend. I had a blast teaching a Christmas card class at A Walk Down Memory Lane on Saturday. I had so much fun meeting 5 new stampers. From there my husband and I dropped our boys off at my in-laws to spend the night, so we could go out with some friends to celebrate my husband's 30th Birthday (Happy Birthday, Dave!). And today, I even managed to fit in some paper crafting time. Definitely a fun weekend!
Today's card is one from my Christmas card class yesterday. I love it because it's simple, yet a little unexpected, and easy to replicate for multiple Christmas cards.

The green center is popped up on a foam adhesive dot to add dimension, and then layered onto the red stamped image. The entire stamped image is actually stamped on the inside of the card and is visible through a hole punched in the outer layer of the card.
The red border is wrapped around the edge like a book binding and therefore is visible on the back side too.

I hope you all had a fun weekend too!

Supplies:
Stamps: CL237 - Hero Arts
Ink: Real Red and Old Olive - Stampin' Up!
Paper: American Crafts
Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" circle punch - Stampin' Up!
Apron Lace Punch - Fiskars
Dew Drop - Robins Nest

No comments: