Wednesday, October 7, 2009

So many things for 1 little post

I think I'll start with my contest submission. American Crafts' Blog is having a food inspired layout/card contest. I decided to play along this week and also showcase a little fun I get to have. Occasionally, I get to do a little scrapbooking for Make-A-Wish. Just in case you're not familiar with Make-A-Wish, here's a 1 sentence synopsis of what they do: Since 1980, the Make-A-Wish Foundation has granted the wishes of more than 171,000 children - one wish every 40 minutes. So, my page for today combines the American Crafts' contest with a Make-a-wish page:
Supplies(all are American Crafts unless otherwise stated):
Paper: Spring/Summer - Preserves
Spring/Summer - Scones
Everyday - Word (backside)
Flair: Everyday - Friends
Thicker Stickers: Foam Root Beer Float Pink
Glitter LAX Powder
Rhinestones - Basics clear Rhinestones by Kaiser Craft

But this post isn't done yet... Look what I got in my mailbox today:
This is a scissors with my Fiskateer number (#6363) engraved on the blade. All this just because a few months back I joined the Fisk-a-teer community. Are you a Fisk-a-teer? I love, love, love being part of this community! The Fisk-a-teer community is a group of wonderful craft enthusiest who especially love Fiskars products. And really, who doesn't have at least one Fiskars tool in their craft arsenal? At the Fisk-a-teers community, they hold crops, have contests, have a fantastic blog and message board area, and a fun gallery too. If you want to become a Fisk-a-teer too, you can send an e-mail to Rebecca at and tell her you'd like to be a Fisk-a-teer, and that Samantha #6363 sent you. They like to "meet" all of the new fisk-a-teers personally and let you know what the site is all about. This is a great community for all crafters; paper, yarn, and fabric alike.
Well, if you got though that very long post, you deserve a hand! Thanks for sticking with me today.

No comments: