Monday, October 5, 2009

Finally!

There's a project I've been wanting to do for quite a while. Finally, I got everything I needed to make it. Then, I finally got the time to actually complete it early last week. Last week was so cloudy, dreary, and rainy, that I couldn't get a proper picture of it. Finally, the sun came out on Saturday, but it was World Card Making Day, so I shared a card instead. Finally! Today I get to share it with you. I'll post the pictures first and then a little info and the supplies after the pictures.I love how this canvas turned out. I'm in the process of turning a wall inside my house into my own personal little art gallery where I can put pretty canvases like this one and framed lay outs. This is going to be my first piece to go up! It's pretty simple to do. Get a canvas. Paint the edges of the canvas, if you want a different color than white. I used tan Studio Paint. Create a layout. Adhere your pieces with mod podge. Make sure to allow lots of drying time to decrease air bubbles and wrinkles. Seal the whole thing with mod podge when you're done, and ta-da! Your own piece of artwork for the wall. I also decided to stamp a little sentiment on my paper ("We are family"). If you want to do any stamping, make sure to use something like Staz-on, so your ink won't run when you seal the picture with mod podge.

Supplies
Art Canvas
Spring Fling papers from Pink Paislee
"We are Family" stamp from Unity Stamp Company
Brown Staz-on Ink
Mod Podge
Tan Studio Paint

No comments: