Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Travel Fun

Today I have a fun, fast, inexpensive, and super cute project: Luggage Tags. Our MOPS theme for the year is Planet Motherhood and we're doing a world travel take on this theme. We're having our steering (leadership group) meeting tomorrow, and I offered to make these adorable luggage tags for each mom on our steering.


On the left is a standard luggage tag (this one's mine) with a single initial. "T" for my last name, Taylor. The middle tag is for someone with a split last name. "VM" for Ver Mulm. This format would also work with someone who has a hyphenated last name, or if you want to do first and last initials. The tag farthest to the right is the back side of the tag. This is where identifying info/contact info can be written. I attached the white paper with temporary adhesive so the paper could be removed and replaced if the information changes. The patterned paper is from DCWV's Sweet Stack. Look below for a close up. Can you see that it sparkles? The card stock is from Stampin' Up! (in Whisper White, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, and Rose Red). The brads, felt flower, and ribbon are also SU!. I cut the celery frames and monogram letters with my Silhouette SD. Finally, I slipped all of this into a clear name badge holder that I found at Wal-mart. You can buy a 12 pack for under $2. This is a great project to use up left over scraps of paper and embellishments. Remember, these aren't just for luggage. They can be put on diaper bags, duffel bags, and tote bags too!

No comments: