Friday, August 21, 2009

School Fun

Last Saturday I was gone most of the day. When I came home Saturday afternoon, this was waiting for me:

What's even better is that it was all free! That's right, 12 Imaginisce Teacher's Pet papers, 2 Snag 'em Stamps (also Imaginisce), and 2 sets of rhinestone brads from American Crafts (not pictured here)! One of my favorite blogs, Paper Crafts Connection had a give away, and I was one of the winners. First off, if you haven't checked out this blog, you really should. This is Paper Craft Magazine's blog, so if you love the magazine, you'll love the blog. It's like a behind the scene tour of what's going on. Second, if you haven't seen these new papers from Imaginisce in person, you need to. The pictures just don't do it justice. There is a shiny texture to things like the glue bottles, scissors, and apples on this paper. Very cool. And the colors are just yummy! Yesterday I finally had a chance to sit down with them and create a little. Here's what I came up with:

I did this card for Splitcoast Stamper's Sketch Challenge this week, SC242. The School Notes stamp was inked in Baja Blue (SU!), and stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock (SU!). Then, I just stamped "wonderful" right on top in Ruby Red (SU!).

Here's one more card made with Imaginisce's lovely papers:

The "Just a Note" was hand written with a Ruby Red (SU!) marker. The top of the notebook paper was punched using the spiral punch from SU! as well. I'm fairly new to using Copic markers, but I love, love, love them. There is no limit to the possibilities with these markers. I had so much fun coloring in this little book worm with my Copics that I thought I'd leave you today wit a close up of this adorable little guy.

1 comment:

P. Kelly Smith said...

Hi Samantha!

So glad you're putting your blog prizes to good use! Your cards turned out great! And thanks for your sweet words about the Paper Crafts Connection blog. We really appreciate your support!

Take care!
Kelly, Paper Crafts editor