Friday, August 14, 2009

Creative Block

Have you ever picked up a new craft supply that you just loved and had to have, but when you got it home you couldn't decide how to use it? That's what happened to me with Sparkly Fluff (if you're not familiar with this, it's flock with glitter in it). I saw it before it was released and knew I had to have it. My kind (and business savy) local scrapbook store owner called me when her shipment was in and I ran out to buy it. Not just in 1 color, mind you, but 5 different colors, because I knew my need for this stuff was that great! I got home ready to create with this great stuff and.... nothing. Every time I started to create something that I thought I was going to use the Sparkly Fluff on, it would turn out that it wouldn't work. I left the containers out on my desk so I wouldn't forget to use them as soon as the opportunity arrived.... still nothing. Finally, defeated by the fluff, I gave in and put them away in a drawer. Then, yesterday, I pulled out a new stamp I wanted to use. I was looking at the stamp, trying to decide how I was going to start, and it came to me: this darling little bird would look even better covered in Sparkly Fluff!

At last, I got to use it! It's just as wonderful as I had hoped. It's soft, it's sparkly, it adds texture. In the end I was able to make a card I really like. Hopefully my creative block is over, and I will find many more projects to add this great stuff too again!

Supplies:
Stamp: Wings of Friendship - Stampin’ Up!

Markers: Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Apricot Appeal - Stampin’ Up!

Paper: Old Olive, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Apricot Appeal - Stampin’ Up!

Accessories: Beads and Pin from Pretties Kit - Stampin’ Up!
Dew Drop - Robins Nest
Apricot Appeal Ribbon - Stampin’ Up!
Scallop Edge Punch - Stampin’ Up!
Circle Scissors Plus - EK Success
Scallop Circle Die - Sizzix

No comments: