Thursday, July 30, 2009

Stamps, Circles, and Sparkles

Today's I decided to return to my first love: stamping. Lately it seems I've become quite dependent on pretty patterned papers, so today I thought I'd challenge myself by using only stamps to create my card. My colors today are Perfect Plum, Old Olive, and Regal Rose.


I used Circle Circus from Stampin' Up! to create the circle patterned paper and the punched out scalloped circle.



I love glitter, but I hate the mess. As a lovely compromise I've found that mixing embossing powder with glitter adds sparkle to an image and the glitter won't brush off. Here I stamped the scalloped circle with Old Olive and embossed with clear embossing powder mixed with Dazzling Diamond Dust.


One more angle of this card to show you how the punched out circle and "Thanks so much" greeting are popped off the page with Stampin' Dimensionals. Also note that the ribbon is threaded through the paper. Kind of a fun way to add ribbon to a card.

No comments: