Thursday, June 18, 2015

Liberty Banner

I love creating patriotic decor. I usually put it up for Labor Day and leave it up through the 4th of July. I've been wanting to create this Liberty Banner since I put my decorations up, but I finally just got around to it. 


I started with paper from Pebbles Americana collection and the awesome new We R Memory Keepers Banner Punch Board. Truth be told, you can make this banner without the punch board. However, if you make more than one banner in your lifetime, this tool is absolutely worth owning. It's sooooo easy and so much fun to use. I've made a lot of banners before, but with the Banner Punch Board it took me half the time. The biggest decision was deciding what shape of banner to make.


You can actually make 3 different types of banners with the punch board. They can be triangle, fishtail, or crest. I decided it would be fun to mix 2 of the types of banner ends; triangle and fishtail (if you'd like to see the crest end in action, check out this WRMK blog post where Aly creates a pocket with a crest banner).


I thought this banner could use a bit of sparkle, so I used some white glitter Thickers to spell out LIBERTY. The rest of the embellishments came from the Americana die cut shapes pack and the Americana Dimensional Glitter Stars.


The last step is to string the banner. The Banner Punch Board has a hole punch right on it, so all of your holes are perfectly lined up! I used some American Crafts Baker's Twine to string the banner. I decided to string it so that the twine would come across the front of the banner instead of being hidden behind...no rhyme or reason why, I just liked how it looked.
Do you like making banners? I'd love to see some of your favorite creations!

No comments: