Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Explore

I'm fitting in a little blogging and scrapping between swimming lessons and baseball and all that summer fun time! Today, I have another Ireland layout. I'm mixing and matching a bit of paper with this one, playing around with some chipboard frames, journaling on vellum, and using my favorite new stuff: Therm O Web's Deco Foil. Here's Explore:


This is one of those layouts that's so much better in person. It has lots of texture and depth due to the chipboard frames, vellum, and foiled embellishments.


The patterned papers that I used for this layout are from Crate Paper's Notes & Things collection. The soft colors in this collection help set the mood for this layout. Since I used so many textures on this layout, the soft colors also help keep the layout from feeling busy.


I've been using a lot of stickers from American Crafts Shimelle Sticker Book for my Ireland layouts, and this layout was no exception. 


I used some gold Therm O Web foil over the word Explore from the Heidi Swapp Minc Jumbo Words Die Cuts for my title.


I love chipboard frames, but rarely use them to actually frame photos. For this page I used some Simple Stories I Am chipboard frames to frame some gold patterned vellum


Finally, I had to add some journaling, so I printed it out on vellum to keep with the soft vibe of the Explore layout. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments: