Monday, January 10, 2011

Winter Projects with Glue Dots®

I made this banner on Friday. It started snowing on Sunday and hasn't stopped yet. My oldest even had a snow day today. Perhaps my banner should have read, "let it snow... a little".


Here are some directions if you want to make your own banner (supply list are at the end of this post):1. Cut 9 snowflakes from patterned paper (Bo Bunny Midnight Frost).
2. Outline all snowflakes with glitter (Stickles).
3. Use Poster Glue Dots® to attach 1 letter to each snowflake (spell out "let it snow"). If you're unsure where you want your letters to go, use Removable Glue Dots® to hold letters in place until you decide.
4. Use Micro Glue Dots® and Pop Up Glue Dots® to attach embellishments to snowflakes.
5. String "let it" on 1 yard of ribbon. String "snow" on the second yard of ribbon.
6. Hang.

I happened to have enough left over paper and embellishments to create this layout.


Santa brought my boys snow shovels for Christmas. They couldn't wait to get outside and shovel snow. Remember when that was fun instead of a chore?And, yes, I do realize I'm scrapping the future. I was just trying so hard to get used to putting 2011 on things, that I got ahead of myself. I did change the date, but didn't take new photos :-)

"Let It Snow" Banner Supplies:
Paper: Bo Bunny Midnight Frost
Accessories: Jillibean Soup Corrugated Alphas (White and Kraft), Stickles (Star Dust, Waterfall), Bo Bunny Midnight Frost Brads, Bo Bunny Midnight Frost Jewels, Imaginisce I-rock Jewels, Ribbon
Adhesive: Glue Dots® Poster Dot n Go, Glue Dots® Micro, Glue Dots® Pop Up, Glue Dots® Removable (optional)

Snow Fort Layout Supplies:
Paper: Bo Bunny Midnight Frost
Accessories: Bo Bunny Olive Zipper Trim, Bo Bunny Midnight Frost Brads and Jewels, Echo Park Wintertime Alpha Stickers, Echo Park Wintertime Element Stickers
Adhesive: Glue Dots® Poster Dot 'n Go, Micro Glue Dots®

I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots® design team.

1 comment:

Jennifer Moore said...

Cute layout. Christmas 2011 already came and went? It usually takes me quite a while to switch to using the new year when dating things. Obviously, you don't have that problem.