Monday, August 2, 2010

Blessed

I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a linear scrapper. I've only been scrapping for about 1 1/2 years, so I scrap whatever photos strike my fancy and go with whatever papers I happen to have. It's always a treat when I get to scrap recent photos. These photos were taken just this past July when we were in Wisconsin visiting my parents. They have a great private zoo that we like to hit up every summer. The boys loved watching the fish in the little pond, and I got to click a few great pictures before they started to ham it up with cheesy smiles at the camera.
Everything here is from Bella Blvd's Man of the House Collection. This is a great line for man layouts of all ages, not just boys. The papers are Bits A Bella, Cuff Links, and Wide Tie. I also used the Man of the House Alpha Bits Sticker Sheet. A few detail notes. The original word sticker here said "Lucky To Have Each Other". I decided I wanted to substitute "Blessed" for "Lucky", so I used the alpha stickers on the Alpha Bits sheet to substitute blessed instead. I also used some foam dimensionals to pop the letters up to add a bit of interest. The circles on the paper matting the photos come with a stitched look printed onto them, but I decided to use that as a guide and do some real hand stitching. I did this just to add some more texture and color to the layout. One last trick, if you need a title to pop a bit more (when I added my title I found it blended into the background a bit too much), just take a dark marker and trace around your letters. It's a fast and easy way to make your title stand out!

No comments: