Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer Sketch

It's My Mind's Eye sketch time once again. I don't know if it's cheating, but I loved the sketch so much that I actually made 2 layouts. The theme for the sketch this time is summer. My first one uses summer colors and the Breaking Free Collection.
I love hand stitching on layouts, so stitched some water inspired spirals on the background and stitched in the outline of the orange splashes coming out from the photos. It's a little hard to see, but to add something a little different, I popped all the photos up on foam dimensionals.
The second layout is a big step outside my comfort zone. I usually don't do a lot of paper tearing and distressing, but it just seemed to work.I again used My Mind's Eye Breaking Free Collection. The star background was cut using my Silhouette SD. I like to play around with journaling, so on this layout I journaled inside a few of the red stars....and yes the big kid in that photo is my wonderful husband! You have until the end of Thursday to play along if you'd like to, as well. All of the details can be found here on My Mind's Eye's blog.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Great job on the sketch, love the great shapes that you used

ytet said...

Hi Samantha,thanks for dropping my blog. You too, you rocked the sketch, great job1

Audrey said...

Thanks for the wonderful comment about my LO's! I really like what you did with the sketch as well...lots of fun!

Amber said...

Samantha,

I got both your fabulous entries! THank you!