Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Celebrations

I am in Wisconsin this week visiting family for a number of celebrations. My cousin was married on Saturday, and my sister and I got the honor of being in the wedding party. So fun! Yesterday we celebrated both of my parents' 50th Birthdays. They both turn 50 in the next couple of weeks, and since we were all together we thought it would be fun to do it up right with cake, a favorite meal, presents, and of course, a couple of hand made cards. I thought I'd get fancy and try my hand at the popular tri-shutter card for my mom's 50th card. You can find the fantastic card and tutorial by Bonnie Szwalkiewicz here. It's surprisingly easy, and so fun to add embellishments to this card. I used A LOT of different products on this card. About half of the products are from American Crafts (the flair, patterned paper, thickers, and the fun little pink and brown flower). There's also a Stampin' Up! stamp (Celebrate Everything) card stock, ribbon, and rubons. The colored cupcake rubons are from DCWV. I even cut some words on my Silhouette SD. The first picture is of the card closed.


Now one of it open

Have fun trying your hand at this great tri-shutter card!

No comments: