Monday, July 6, 2009

A Bit of a Break and a Quick Card

I apologize for the break in posts, I have been up to my elbows in summer fun. Pool time with the kids, a parade, strawberry picking (and canning and pie making....), and even some fun in my own back yard garden. I sure do love this time of year, but it makes it hard to spend too much time indoors crafting. So, today I thought I post a really quick card. I put this one together in about 5 minutes. Just because it's fast doesn't mean it can't be fabulous. All you need is some pretty paper, coordinating card stock, a simple stamp sentiment, and a delightful doodad...enough of the awful alliteration and on to the card.

Just remember, you can make this as simple as you want. Often I forgo the scalloped edge at the bottom. You can use a tag, sticker, or large stamped image instead of the flowers.

Recipe:

Stamps:
Warm Words - Stampin' Up!

Card Stock:
Whisper White - Stampin' Up!
Certainly Celery - Stampin' Up!
Bashful Blue - Stampin' Up!

Patterned Paper:
Fairest of Them All, Magic Meadow - imaginisce

Ink:
Certainly Celery - Stampin' Up!
Bashful Blue - Stampin' Up! (used to dye flower)
Pretty in Pink - Stampin' Up! (used to dye flower)

Embellishments:
Small and Large flower - Stampin' Up!
Filigre Brad - Stampin' Up!
Green Circle Rhinestone Brad - Stampin' Up!
Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon - Stampin' Up!
Green Rhinestones - Kaiser Craft Basic

Tools:
Scallop Edge Punch - Stampin' Up!

No comments: