Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hard Cards

I personally think that sorrow/sympathy cards can be some of the toughest to make. I never want to go too "over the top," because I don't want the sentiment to be overshadowed by the card. Today, I thought I'd post a sympathy card to help any of you out who struggle a bit like I do with this style of card. The recipe for the card will be posted below the picture. Feel free to help me out by placing a link to your sorrow/sympathy cards in the comments.




Materials:
Stamps - Thoughts and Prayers (SU!)
Patterned Paper - Want S’more and Skipping Stones (Cosmo Cricket’s Mr. Campy line)
Card stock - Sage Shadow, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Markers - Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Old Olive (SU!)
Ribbon - Old Olive (SU!)
Eyelet Border Punch (SU!)
Big Shot (Sizzix)
Dye - Buttons #5 (Sizzix)

1 comment:

LauraB #4961 said...

like this card. great to get away from black for a sympathy. love the sentiment too. May have to do some lifting here.