Friday, July 1, 2016

Stamping on Yupo

I've talked about creating a marbled background with Yupo paper, die cutting Yupo paper, creating an alcohol drop ink background on Yupo, now today I want to talk about stamping on Yupo.


I started my card by creating a marbled Yupo background with Copic markers. Then I used and Echo Parke die to die cut the edge. Finally, I stamped a simple greeting on the card.


 Since Yupo is a plastic paper, you can't use just any ink on the card. I have tried a few different kinds and found that Ranger Archival Ink works the very best. Give your stamped greeting or image a full 20 minutes to dry, and you'll be good to go! I did try Stazon Ink, and that worked as well. However, if you want to color an image in with Copic markers after stamping on Yupo do not use Stazon. Stazon and Copics don't play well together, and you can ruin your Copic marker.


As you can see, there are lots of fun ways to use Yupo! Have you tried any of these techniques yet?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you. I will be trying Stazon.

Leela said...

Thanks!