Friday, July 8, 2016

Lots of Patterns

Happy Friday! I'm on the tail end of vacation, but wanted to share a quick layout. I really love mixing and matching patterned papers. Today I thought I share a layout that has lots of patterns in it, and talk a little bit about my thought process and why I think they all work together.


I never want the important stuff (like my photos and journaling) to get swallowed up by all the busy patterns. I've found one of the best ways to make your photo pop on a layout is to make sure the mat the photo. For this layout, I chose a bright color to help the photo stand out. Clustering embellishments around the photo also helps draw the eye to the photo.


I started this layout with the fun, bright striped paper from Elle's Studio. It has a lot of colors going on, so I wanted one of my other patterned papers to be more neutral. The grey star paper is still patterned, but reads a bit more like a neutral since it's light grey on dark grey.


All of the embellishments also pull their color palette from the stripped paper. To keep things looking cohesive, I chose to mirror the stars from the grey paper in some of the papers (like the strip below).


I love working with lots of patterns with scrapbooking. What's your style?

No comments: