Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Shrimp Boil Layout

Every year over the 4th of July weekend, my dad makes an incredible shrimp boil. We look forward to it every year! Every year, after we're all done eating, we remember that we should have taken some photos. This year we (well, my mom) finally remembered to take some photos, so of course I needed to make a shrimp boil layout.


We didn't have this meal on the 4th of July, but we had it over the holiday weekend, so I decided to grab some patriotic paper. I used Simple Stories Stars and Stripes collection kit. This collection came out last summer, but I can't help but love the rustic feel of it!


I added some red and blue enamel dots in addition to the stick embellishments that come in the collection kit. I used some Pop Up Dots to attach the journaling tag to the layout. It adds a bit of dimension to the page.


I'm happy to finally have some photos of this fun tradition, and even happier that I have this shrimp boil layout scrapped and in an album! Is there a family tradition that you have that you just keep forgetting to get pictures of?

No comments: