Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Arrow Pencils

I have one last Valentine project.  This was the quickest one yet! My kids love getting new pencils. A few weeks ago Silhouette's free weekly cutting file was the pieces to turn a straw, stick, pencil...just about anything small and thin, into an arrow.  I couldn't resist using it to make some arrow pencils for my kids. 


I used my Silhouette to cut paper from the Pebbles Inc Yours Truly 6 x 6 paper pad into the arrow pieces.  I had some fun SRM "XOXO" pencils to use for the shaft of the arrow. 


I decided to sew the 2 hearts for the tip of the arrow together. I left just enough space to slip the pencil in.  It's such a snug fit, that you can actually use the pencil with the heart on, and not have to worry about it falling off.  Plus, the sharpened tip of the pencil sticking out of the heart makes a pretty cute arrow tip.

No comments: