Friday, April 12, 2013

Busy Builders and Memorabilia Pockets


This past weekend my boys went to one of those free kids workshops at Home Depot where they get to build something. Not only did they build and paint bird feeders, they had a lot of fun doing it. Thanks to Basic Grey (who just happened to make the perfect  paper for scrapping these photos called Bow Ties), I was able to print the photos out and get them on to a layout the very same weekend.  That almost never happens!



Sometimes there are little mementos I like to keep that don't lend themselves well to actually adhering to the scrapbook page.  When that happens, I like to make little pockets on the layout (usually behind a photo) to put the memento in.  Here I added the directions for the birdhouse in a pocket behind the far left photo. I adhered a chipboard arrow to the directions to make them easier to pull out (and so I don't forget they're there). 


I also used some stickers from Echo Park All About a Boy collection. The colors blend really well with Basic Grey's


I'm pretty sure I had almost as much fun scrapping these photos as they had making their bird feeders!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: