Friday, April 22, 2011

Retro Photos


Last month I had my boys photos taken at our local photo place. They were doing something they call "Yesterday's Child" photos as part of a fundraiser for our local MOPS group. My boys had a ton of fun, and I came away liking the photos a lot more than I thought I would. In fact, I liked them so much I just *had* to order a set of proofs. From there I decided to make a photo collage to hang on the wall using some of my favorite proofs.

I used Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 in place of vertical photos.

The stickers from Echo Park's For the Record worked really well as accent pieces for Circa 1934.

AWDML now carries Maya Road Bottle Caps in 2", 3", and 4". I used the 2" for the "we are FAMILY" embellishment. The metal button is from My Mind's Eye, and the tissue tape is from Tim Holtz (I used Nostalgic).


The gears are also a Tim Holtz accessory and are FANTASTIC for anyone who does a lot of boy or man layouts and cards. You get 12 gears total in the package, 4 each of 3 different patinas. The crystal gems (for lack of a better way to describe them) are from Webster's Pages and are officially called Scalloped Flat Back Buttons.


The canvas flowers are from Maya Road. I just free hand stitched the stems in a light green thread. The buttons and stick pin are from Jenni Bowlin Studios.
I found the frame (on sale!) at Kohls.

Wishing you all a blessed Good Friday!

No comments: