Monday, April 11, 2011

Paper Ruffles


It's no secret that some of my favorite tools are my border punches. Lately I've been having fun using them to create paper ruffles.

These ruffles are easy to create. Grab a border punch (or 2 or 3) and strips of paper that are 1" wide. The length will be determined by the length of your project. This is a great way to use up long thin scraps. Punch your strips with your border punches.

Once you have enough strips punched out, layer them onto your base (here I'm making a card, but this technique works well with layouts too). Start at the bottom and work your way up.

If you're doing a card or layout with straight edges, you'll probably be done at this point. However, if you're doing a curvy card, flip your card inside out, and trim off the excess paper.


Once you're all done trimming, you can embellish your ruffles if you want by adding pearls, rhinestones, flowers, or anything else you can think of.

Party Dress Card:
Paper: Crate Paper Restoration 6 x 6 paper pack
Accessories: Imaginisce I-rock Pearls
Tools: Silhouette SD, Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch , Fiskars Sunburst Border Punch, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiments Border Punch, Imaginisce I-rock

1 comment:

Donna said...

This is a totally cute card, I am so going to try this~~!!
Donna #4454