Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summertime Memories

My Mind's Eye has another great sketch challenge on their blog. I love playing along. For some reason, the pages I do for their challenges end up being some of my favorites, and this one is no exception. The theme for this challenge is "I Remember", so I decided to scrap a photo from 2007. Here's the sketch:
And here's my page:I started with the sketch and the theme. Then, I decided to use paper from the Breaking Free Series (Sun Kissed All Girl Itsy Bitsy, Sun Kissed All Girl Teeny Weeny Stripe, Flip 'n' Flirt Summertime Girl Sandy Shores, and Wild Ride Summer Roller Coaster). After that I picked the photo, and had the idea to cut the Summer Time background on my Silhouette. I really think that background adds a lot to the page. The ribbon is 2 different ribbons that I glued together and then tied with twine. I really love how this layout just seemed to come together.
If you want to play along too, you have until next Thursday. All the details can be found here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the ribbon treatment...gotta remember that one!
Great layout

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Your LO is so pretty,and the photo is soooo ADORABLE!!

Lydia said...

Oh wow I love the cut words on this one, so pretty and makes it look delicate. Great layout!

serena said...

Hi Taylor, thanks for commenting on my blog. I love your layout. how cool that you cut the background out with your sillouette. super cute pic.

Sue Lui said...

I like your summer word background. That's so fun! :) Great layout.

Amber said...

Samantha, That's because your entries are fabulous! And this one is no exception.

Thank you!