Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Garden Cook Book

Today, I've got my last Cosmo Cricket Early Bird kit project (for now at least) to share with you. Last summer, we finally put a garden it. I had so much fun growing and then canning food from the garden. I decided to use the papers and stickers from the Early Bird Kit and a Cosmo Cricket Blackboard Album that I just had lying around to create a canning recipe book. I have a feeling after another summer of canning and freezing produce, I'm going to need to go out and buy another album so I can add more pages to my book! I'll show you the pictures first and then give you some info about how I did the pages. As you can see, I kept this book simple. I plan on using it, a lot, so it needs to be durable and still look cute with food stains on it. The recipe cards are print and cut cards from Silhouette. If you don't have a Silhouette, any small recipe cards will work...I just couldn't pass up those adorable Silhouette cards that just happened to match the Early Bird paper. I also used a feature on the Sil that allows you to scan a page from the board book and then turn it into a cutable image. That's right, no tracing and cutting the paper for all those pages, I just scanned a page, converted the image, and cut the paper with my Silhouette. So fast and easy! Then, I embellished the pages with a few card stock stickers and strips of Early Bird paper (some of which I punched with my Fiskars border punches). Easy peasy, and very useful! I have to say a big thank you to Cosmo Cricket once more for sending me this great kit to play with!!!

3 comments:

kellyisascrapdiva said...

Samantha, your book is adorable, nice job!

doverdi said...

Great mini book. We have a huge Rhubarb patch & I'm always looking for recipes for rhubarb. I've made the Rhubarb Jam & it is sooo good. I have a recipe for a rhubarb punch that I found & will try this summer.

Laura C said...

This is adorable. Much nicer than my manilla torn up folder full of stuff