Thursday, April 24, 2014

Globetrotters Layout

Two weeks ago we took our kids to a Harlem Globetrotters game. We got the tickets way back in October on the very day they went on sale.  I went to a game when I was little and I knew we just had to take our kids and make some great memories, too!


Another bonus? I didn't have to wait until the 4th of July to use Pebble's awesome patriotic collection Americana.  Not only are the patterns in Americana amazing, there are 3 colors of chunky glitter Thickers.  I don't know why, but I can't get enough of the chunky glitter Thickers. 


I played around with mixing color and black and white photos on the same layout.  Not something I normally do, but here it just seemed to work. 


Also, since we got our tickets back in October, they were printed in pink. While I'm all for breast cancer awareness, pink tickets did not match my layout.  I took a little bit of blue ink and sponged it over the whole ticket. While it didn't get rid of the pink, it did tone it down a bit, and made it stick out a bit less.


Oh, and in case you were wondering, it was just as fun as I remembered. We all had a blast, and my kids are still talking about it 2 weeks later. 

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! I like the idea of inking the ticket. The Globetrotters should know that scrappers won't want to deviate from their red, white, & blue color scheme!