Friday, April 18, 2014

Funny Photo Card Using Top Dog Dies

Today I'm guest designing over at Top Dog Dies.  I got to play around with their Photo Mats Die and their Photo Props Die. I have a layout over there, so I decided to make a funny photo card using Top Dog Dies for my blog here today.


I had some photos of my boys together that I took this past fall (I try to make them sit for one good set of photos every year). I decided photos from that session would be perfect for a photo greeting card. 


I started by cutting a photo mat with the Photo Mats Die.  There are 3 different sizes of photo mats on this one die. I used the medium size.  This is also a steel rule die, which means you can cut multiple mats at once (I cut 6 at a time for my layout on their blog, and it cut through 6 layers of paper at once like a knife through butter).
 

I used the  Top Do Photo Props Die with Pebble's Garden Party 6 x 6 paper pad to make the glasses and bow tie, and layered them up on  my photo using Micro Glue Dots®. They just happen to be small enough to work on those ultra thin glasses.  The Photo Prop Die is a wafer thin die, which again cut beautifully, even on the really thin elements (like the glasses).  I used a magnetic platform with my Big Shot and the wafer thin dies, which isn't a necessity but really makes cutting easy by holding the die in place on the paper. 

 I decided to add an extra little photo to the inside.  I cut a photo mat from patterned paper this time, stuck the photo behind, and added a little white card stock rectangle to the bottom of the mat so my boys can sign their name to the card right on the photo mat.


 I also made a layout using the Photo Mats Die, Photo Props Die, and some of my own silly photos.  It's up on the Top Dog Dies Blog today, so head on over there to check it out (and to get a step by step on how I made it).

Supplies:
Top Dog Photo Mats Die
Top Dog Photo Props Die
Pebbles Garden Party Cardmaking Pad
Pebbles Garden Party 6 x 6 Pad
Pebbled Basics Accent & Phrase Stickers
Pebbles Special Delivery Watermark Rubons
Micro Glue Dots®