Sunday, April 27, 2014

Birthday Gelato Gesso Resist Card

I thought it might be fun to share a little mixed media card tonight.  I don't work with mixed media a lot, but it's so much fun to get my hands messy and play around that I really should do it more!  This is a birthday Gelato gesso resist card that I created.



I started by placing the Studio Calico Inter Circles mask on a piece of card stock. I applied a generous amount of gesso to the card stock using the stencil.  When the gesso dried I added color with my Gelatos.  There's nothing more fun than coloring with those chapsticky crayons!  I used a baby wipe to blend the Gelatos a bit and remove the gelatos from the gesso, creating a resist where it was stenciled on.  Finally I finished it off with one big Tim Holtz Blueprints birthday stamp. If you try to stamp over a gesso resist, make sure to use a permanent, waterproof ink, or your ink will smear and rub off of the gesso treated area.  I used Ranger's Archival ink in brown for my card. 


That's it for me and my card today.  I'm off to wash my hands now! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: