Saturday, July 16, 2011

My New Favorite Holiday?

Ask me what my favorite holiday is and it used to be an easy answer for me: Christmas. Notice I said "used to be". The 4th of July is quickly becoming a contender for favorite holiday. For the last 2 years, we've head to my parents' lake house to swim, boat, fish, roast marshmallows, and have some quality family time.
My favorite part is going out on the boat to watch the fireworks. As you'll see from the layouts my oldest loves to get all dressed up in patriotic gear for the occasion. Love that kid!

Both layouts use My Mind's Eye American Made paper. I am totally in love with this collection. I can't imagine a better patriotic line.



For this layout I made some mini versions of the star medallions from this tutorial I did for Glue Dots®. Instead of 1/2" folds I did 1/4" folds and used smaller strips of paper (about 4" x 7 1/2" and 3" x 6 1/2").

Have a great weekend!

No comments: