Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Authentique Layouts

I have 2 layouts I would like to share today. I have so much I want to say about them, so I'll try not to jump around too much, but I'm not making any promises. First let me say, the second I saw Authentique's lines, I knew I had to have them. On the up side, A Walk Down Memory Lane ordered them right away. On the down side, I think the owner, Lisa, is enabling my paper addiction :-) If you haven't laid eyes or hands on this paper yet, let me tell you, you're going to love the look AND feel of this paper. The texture is nice and thick (think My Mind's Eye). I bought 2 of the lines and have them stashed for use on my Italy scrapbook (when I get as far as my Rome photos). However I had to buy some to use right away, and since I hadn't picked up any of the Splendid line, I grabbed that.
Okay, now to actually show you a layout:This line is really a "Jack of all trades". It lends itself nicely to distressing, and this rough style of layout, but it would be just as lovely used on a pretty, frilly layout or card as well. Kind of fun to think of all the possibilities.
I feel like this layout is really "me". I'm sort of in love with using photo collages lately. I tend to scrap with layers, and like to mix and match lots of patterned papers. I tried to make the journaling stand out a bit by adding word stickers into it. I like the effect, and it was kind of fun to do, too. I should mention the photos were all taken at the beginning of July when my boys, my husband, and I went for a ride on my grandparents' golf carts. Such great memories!


After I finished the above layout, I had another golf layout to do. I decided I would step (way, way) outside my comfort zone and try some different things on my layout. I'm not sure I love it, but I like it well enough, and I figure you'll never grow if you don't try. So, here it is:

It's definitely a bit grungier and more free form than what I usually do. I did do a fair bit of hand stitching to ground the different elements and tie them together. One of my favorite things about this layout is where I ripped it out to reveal a different paper underneath. It was a little scary to rip up my layout, but it was fun too. One other note: don't be afraid to change pre-made titles and stickers to say what you want them to say. For example, the strip beneath the center photo says, "a wonderful moment". Originally it said, "a majestic moment". While I liked that saying, it didn't really work for this layout, so I used a word sticker to change it. To make it look intentional, I added other similar word stickers to the layout in other places.

Alright, I think that's everything. Thanks for hanging in there through a post that's a little on the long side.

1 comment:

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! I hear you about liking a LO but not loving it when it's not your usual style. It's great to take the chance and try new techniques- hard for me to do!