Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Travel Memorabilia Envelope


Today I have a fun travel project for Paper House and Scrapbook Adhesives. If you're like me, you collect a lot of memorabilia (tickets, maps, programs, etc.) when you travel. I have a step by step tutorial for creating memorabilia envelope that's durable enough to take with you when your traveling. It also has a fun pattern, so all the leftover bits that don't fit a scrapbook page can go back into the envelop, and the envelope can be added right into your album.


To create this envelope you'll need 2 pieces of Paper House's Clear Cuts Acetate Paper, (I used 1 sheet of Discover USA and one sheet of Southwest Adventure Feathers), Paper House Southwest Clear Stickers, Scrapbook Adhesive Adhesive Lines, a way to score paper, and some velcro (optional).


Cut your top piece of acetate to 7 1/2" wide by 12" tall. Cut your bottom piece to 11" tall by 12" wide.


Score the top sheet of acetate 1/2" from the top edge, 1/2" from the bottom edge, and 1/2" from the left edge. Fold in along all of the score lines.


Score the bottom sheet of acetate 7 1/4" from the left edge. Fold the piece of acetate along the score line.


Trim the short edge towards the score line into a point to form your envelope flap.


Add Adhesive Lines to the 1/2" scored areas of your top sheet of acetate.


Slide the bottom sheet of acetate into the top sheet of acetate to create your envelope. Press down firmly where you placed the Adhesive Lines to create a tight seal. 


I added some self adhesive velcro to the flap of my envelope to keep it shut. I hid the velcro under a sticker from the Southwest Clear Stickers set (you can see some of the white of the velcro peeking out from underneath the sticker in the photo above).


I also punched holes through the edge of my envelope so it can be added to my scrapbook. I take the envelope with me on vacation to collect items. When I get home, I add the smaller items like tickets to scrapbook pages, then I leave larger items like maps in the envelope and put it directly into my album near my vacation layouts.


This travel memorabilia envelope is a great way to keep everything in one place. Creating it from sheets of acetate makes it more durable than using paper. If you have any questions about this project, please feel free to ask it in the comments or send me an e-mail.

This post was written while participating on the Paper House Design Team. I also received product from Scrapbook Adhesives to create this post.

No comments: