Monday, September 12, 2016

Camping Layout

My boys are never so happy as when we go camping. Until I had boys, camping wasn't something I did, but now I love it, because I get to see it through their eyes. Today I have a camping layout created with some of the photos from our last camping trip from before school started this year.


I was pretty proud of myself after this week of camping. I took my boys up for 3 days of camping all by ourselves before my husband joined us for the weekend. This is the first time I've braved camping by myself, and it was so worth it. We had a blast, swam a lot, explored even more, and stayed up waaaay too late watching the Olympics at night. It was pretty great to get some extra days in by going up early!


 Since we do more and more camping every year, I'm always on the look out for fun camping collections. Jillibean Soup Mushroom Medley totally fits the bill. It's playful and rustic. It has some great pops of color that keep it from being too dark.


Since I chose a bit of a darker color (the green paper) for the main part of my layout, I kept the photos bright by matting them in white. I also used plenty of bright blue, yellow, and orange embellishments to keep the overall feeling of the layout bright and playful. 


I love that I have this camping layout to remind me next year that I can totally brave camping for a few days by myself with my boys! Do you ever camp alone, or do you always make sure you have back up?

No comments: