Thursday, May 19, 2016

Scrapping Memorabilia

Scrapping memorabilia can get a bit tricky, especially when it's something large and/or brightly colored. Today I have a page I created that contains a map and an admission ticket that I wanted to scrap.


As you can see, there isn't a photo on this page. I wanted to scrap the map of Giant's Causeway, as it helps put the path we took and locations of our photos into context. Since the map is pretty busy, I kept my color scheme pretty simple. All of the paper, embellishments, and alphas are from American Crafts True Stories collection. The film strips on the base paper are actually glittered, so it adds a bit of pizazz without making the layout too busy. 


Since the map was on this page, it seemed like a great place to put one of our admission tickets as well.


I pulled all the colors in the layout together by using some fun multicolored Thickers.


This memorabilia page was part of a 2 page spread. While these pages don't necessarily make one large 12 x 24 page, I wanted the 2 pages to coordinate together in the book. I made that work by using some of the same papers on both pages and using the same alphas for the titles. You can see more about the right hand layout here. Do you have any tips and tricks for scrapping memorabilia?

No comments: