Sunday, March 16, 2014

I Heart Summer Jellyfish Layout

Do you every have a trip or event that you take so many photos at, that it takes you a while to scrap the whole thing? I've been scrapping our trip to the Omaha Zoo last summer little by little. I have so many great photos from the zoo, the hotel, the pool, etc., etc. that whenever I have a little time I scrap usually just one or 2 pages from the trip.  I've completed another one this uses Simple Stories I {heart} Summer collection to document the really, really cool jellyfish room in the aquarium.  Here's my I Heart Summer Jellyfish Layout.



I loved how the colors in I Heart Summer really make the dark blue photos pop (the jellyfish room is dark because the jellyfish glow!).  I cut the 12 x 12 sheets down to 5 x 5 pieces for the background squares.  The journaling cares are 3 x 4 that I then matted with extra paper and popped up with foam dimensional adhesive. 


I raided my leftover embellishment stash for most of my embellishments, but I did break out my brand new cork stickers from American Crafts DIY collection (a really cool collection of cork, kraft, and chalkboard embellishments that you can check out by clicking here). Oh boy, scrapping summer really makes me excited for it to be warm again!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: