Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baby Boy Cards Using Pebbles Special Delivery

I have to be honest; I love Pebbles new baby collection Special Delivery.  In fact, I love it so much, that I'm having a tough time figuring out where to start creating with it.  I have it all...all the papers, 6 x 6 pad, die cuts, stickers...all of it, and I love it all so very much that I keep trying to use it all at once. Have you ever had that problem with a collection? I decided to take a step back and start with something small.  I always need baby cards, so I decided to start with that.  Here are 2  baby boy cards using Pebbles Special Delivery that I created.
 

 Vellum is super trendy right now, and I think it goes so well with a baby card.  It just adds a nice soft touch.  I don't always like trying to find a way to hide the adhesive that I use to attach vellum, so I decided just to sew the vellum on this time. 


I had the idea that it might be interesting to clip a bunch of embellishments up in the corner of the card.  I picked a few and tried them out and rearranged a bit before adhering them in place. It's really a very simple card, but I like the way all the elements came together for a clean, soft baby card.



The second card came about when I had this little fox and the photo frame sitting next to each other.  I wondered what that little guy would look like sitting in the frame.  The answer was, he looks adorable, so I had to make another card built around him perched in the frame.  


 A few gold rub-ons from Pebbles and some gold star sequins from Queen and Co. finished off the look. 



Now I need to make some baby girl cards, so I have some of those in my stash, too! 

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: