Friday, March 30, 2012

Stamp School April Release



It's time again for Stamp School to release 2 new stamp sets and new paper, felt, and ink colors. Up first I have 3 cards made from this month's release:


 The watercolor effect of this card was achieved using Faber Castell Gelatos instead of ink. Gelatos are a sort of paint/crayon hybrid, and show up beautifully on dark cardstock...but I like to try all sorts of things out, and as you can see they work pretty well on light card stock too!


This card uses Flowers for Mom and my recent favorite color combo. I added a little bit of glitter (via Stickles) to the petals of the rose, just to give the flower some extra pop. The background was created using a new punch from Martha Stewart. It's a really easy way to create a stunning background.



Finally, this card is waaaaaaaaaaay out of my normal wheelhouse. It's a bit more feminine, and uses more pastels than I'm used to, but like I always say: it's good to step outside your comfort zone. The yellow (banana split) and pink (cotton candy) background was created directly on the card stock base. I used a reverse masking technique to create it. I'm planning on doing a video tutorial on it later this month for Stamp School.

Finally, here are the details of the release

The stamps:

Flowers For Mom and Women In My Life(the gray area on Flowers for Mom is the area where there is a void in the stamp, you use a separate, included stamp to fill in the gray area.):






 The papers , ink, and felt:

                                                                       Spearamint


Bubble Gum

Banana Split

Grapesicle


Remember you'll be able to buy all of the new releases April 1. You can get to the store by clicking here.  

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kelly Sas said...

I want to definitely learn that technique!