Thursday, January 26, 2012

Together Is The Best Place To Be


Today's project is a bit of a bundle project. Glue Dots® challenged its designers this month to make a wedding project, and Moxie Fab World is having a Punches Challenge. I thought I'd combine the 2 and make some framed art with my Fiskars Heart Squeeze Punch that would also make a lovely wedding gift.


I know you've probably seen a lot of this kind of framed art. This one's a bit more personalized because you use a map of a location that is special to the couple that will be receiving the gift to add an additional personalized touch. For example, this one is made from multiple maps of different locations that are special to my husband and me (where we met, where we married, where we owned our first home). If you are attending a destination wedding you could make the hearts from the map of that destination (i.e. Jamaica, Hawaii, Mexico).

Here's what I used to make my frame:


The background piece is a sheet of Jillibean Soup Kraft card stock. I cut it down to fit the frame and ran it through my printer to created the border and text. You could easily do this part with a black fine point pen and a ruler. I just have really, really bad handwriting so I decided to print the text instead.


Here's a close up of the text:


I attached my hearts with Mini Glue Dots®, but the Ultra Thin Glue Dots® would work equally as well here. Whenever I arrange something in a grid pattern, I lay one row across and one down to get the spacing right, then I work out in rows from there.


In the bottom right hand corner, I created a heart with our wedding date on it instead of creating a heart out of a map piece. Instead of using flat adhesive for this heart, I attached it with a Pop Up Glue Dot®



...and there you have it! just pop your creation in a frame and you're all set!


Thanks for stopping by!

*I created this post while participating on the Glue Dots® Design Team


4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE this idea! Such a great wedding gift- it's so cute and so meaningful.

Beryl said...

Just saw this on Fiskateers. Our 15th Anniversary is coming up - I am so going to do this! Such a great idea! Thanks!

Kelly Sas said...

This is the greatest idea! I love they way you created it too.

Amber said...

This would be such a great gift! Love the idea.
Hugs
Amber